Preparing For Breast Augmentation
How do I prepare for my breast implant surgery?
Dr. O’Neill and his staff at O’Neill Plastic Surgery in Charleston, SC will spend as much time as necessary to ensure that you have the information you need prior to your breast augmentation surgery. In Charleston, SC, cosmetic surgery involves planning and taking steps pre-operatively to ensure the best possible outcome.
Prior to surgery, you may be asked to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Get a baseline mammogram before surgery and another one after surgery to help detect any future changes in your breast tissue
- Stop smoking well in advance of surgery
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
All patients who are scheduled for a breast augmentation at O’Neill Plastic Surgery have a pre-operative visit in our Charleston, SC office prior to their surgery date. During this visit they receive a booklet of information outlining all of the pre-operative and post-operative instructions. All remaining questions are addressed, surgical consents are reviewed and signed, pre-operative photos are taken, and all necessary supplies are provided. Don’t take a chance with just any clinic in Charleston: cosmetic surgery specialist is waiting to fully prepare you for your coming procedure, ensuring your safety and peace of mind.
For more information on breast augmentation, please click on one of the following:
- Am I a candidate for breast augmentation?
- What should I expect during a consultation with Dr. O’Neill?
- What should I do to prepare for breast augmentation surgery?
- What actually happens during my breast augmentation procedure?
- What are the risks of breast augmentation?
- What is recovery like following breast augmentation?
- How much does a Charleston breast augmentation cost?
- What questions should I ask during my consultation?
Make An Appointment in Charleston
Dr. O’Neill performs breast implant surgery in his clinic conveniently located in Charleston, South Carolina on Daniel Island. Learn more about your options and discuss any questions you may have with a consultation. Call today at 843-881-2130 or contact us online.