Consultation With Charleston Plastic Surgeon Dr. O’Neill
What should I expect during my consultation?
Breast augmentation surgery is a very common procedure performed by local surgeon, Dr. Patrick O’Neill. It is crucial that you obtain information about every aspect of the surgery and develop a trusting relationship with Dr. O’Neill and his staff. Our goal is to develop this relationship so that all of your expectations and body image goals are exceeded!
You will be asked about your medical history, social habits, expectations, and existing knowledge about the procedure during your initial consultation. The success of your surgery and your personal safety depend very much on your complete candidness during your consultation.
Remember: your greatest ally in the process is the knowledge and experience of your plastic surgeon. Charleston has an array of options for both doctor and price range, but you should pick a doctor that above all has your best interests in mind and you feel comfortable with.
You should be prepared to discuss:
- Why you want breast implants
- Your expectations
- Desired cosmetic outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Previous surgeries
- Family history of breast cancer and results of any mammograms or previous biopsies
Dr. O’Neill may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine your breasts, and may take detailed measurements of their size and shape, skin quality, placement of your nipples
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of breast augmentation and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the use of anesthesia during your breast augmentation
For more information on breast augmentation, please click on one of the following:
- Am I a candidate for breast augmentation?
- What should I expect during a consultation with Dr. O’Neill?
- What should I do to prepare for breast augmentation surgery?
- What actually happens during my breast augmentation procedure?
- What are the risks of breast augmentation?
- What is recovery like following breast augmentation?
- How much does a Charleston breast augmentation cost?
- What questions should I ask during my consultation?
Make An Appointment in Charleston, SC
Dr. O’Neill performs breast implant surgery in his clinic conveniently located in Charleston, South Carolina on Daniel Island. Learn more about your options and discuss any questions you may have with a consultation. Call today at 843-881-2130 or contact us online.