In our Charleston, SC plastic surgery clinic, breast augmentation is a procedure that is very popular among our female patients. It is a relatively simple surgery that adds volume to the breasts, which improves their shape and profile.
Many women feel that larger breasts help balance their bodies’ overall appearance, giving them better symmetry and a more natural, feminine look. The new look contributes to an improved self-image and an increase in confidence. Women with limited breast development, tissue loss, or uneven development may find it difficult to wear some clothing or to even have a positive body image.
About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation is the surgical placement of breast implants to increase fullness and projection of the breasts or to improve symmetry of the breasts. Clinically referred to as augmentation mammaplasty, the procedure is used to:
- Enlarge a naturally small breast
- Restore breast volume lost following pregnancy or due to weight loss
- Achieve better symmetry when breasts are moderately disproportionate in size and shape
*As with any procedure and/or treatment the results may vary and it is important to consult with with your primary care provider first.
Breast augmentation should not be selected as a way to correct sagging breasts. In cases where a woman desires to enhance breast fullness and at the same time improve the position and shape of sagging breasts, a breast lift may be performed in conjunction with the augmentation.
Schedule A Breast Implant Consult Today
Dr. O’Neill performs breast implant surgery in his clinic which is conveniently located in Charleston, South Carolina on Daniel Island. To learn more about your options and discuss any questions you may have with a consultation, call us today at 843-881-2130 or contact us online.
For more information on breast augmentation, please click on one of the following:
- Am I a candidate for breast augmentation?
- What should I expect during a consultation with Dr. O’Neill?
- What should I do to prepare for breast augmentation surgery?
- What actually happens during my breast augmentation procedure?
- What are the risks of breast augmentation?
- What is recovery like following breast augmentation?
- How much does a Charleston breast augmentation cost?
- What questions should I ask during my consultation?