Sometimes exercise and diet just don’t cut it. Getting the body you want for the New Year sometimes requires other options. Breast augmentation and other breast surgeries can accomplish wonders for the body. If you’re trying to lose weight, fat reduction surgeries like liposuction or a tummy tuck can be especially beneficial. Furthermore, cool sculpting is a non-surgical fat reduction procedure that can help give you the body you’ve always wanted.
Breast augmentation is highly popular because of its many benefits:
- Increasing the size of naturally smaller breasts
- Increasing symmetry between naturally disproportionate or misshapen breasts
- Increasing breast volume lost as a result of age, breastfeeding, pregnancy, weight loss, or other reasons
The surgery is performed by cutting open the breasts and inserting an implant filled with a silicone or saline solution. Incisions are small and made near the areola. Each implant will be sculpted based on the goals of the patient and physician.
Scars associated with breast augmentation are relatively small and mostly unnoticeable. To reduce the visibility of scars, there are a variety of treatments available including the application of non-surgical creams and ointments or scar removal surgery.
Other Breast Surgeries
In addition to breast augmentation, there a number of other breast surgeries which can be performed to help give you the body of your dreams:
- Breast lifts often accompany breast augmentation in order to reduce sagginess; however, breast lifts can be performed without augmentation.
- Breast reduction surgery is performed to reduce the overall size of naturally large breasts. Typically breast reductions are performed on women with size D breasts or larger. Women with smaller breasts, however, may also receive benefits from a breast reduction. For example, if the breasts are disproportionately large compared to the rest of the body, they can cause upper back pain over time, which can be reduced with breast reduction surgery.
- Breast reconstructions are often performed following a mastectomy or other incident which causes damage to the breast. However, total breast reduction can be chosen for cosmetic reasons and may include a lift, augmentation, reduction, or a series of other procedures.
Liposuction and Other Fat Reduction Surgeries
Breasts are, of course, an important feature of the body, but they are not the only body part. Fat reduction surgeries can also be used to sculpt other parts of the body like the stomach, legs, arms, hips, waist, and much.
Liposuction is one of the most popular fat reduction surgeries. It involves breaking apart fat cells using a small tube. To accomplish this, the patient and doctor decide which part of the body is being targeted for fat reduction. A small incision is then made over that area. The tube is then inserted and moves back and forth to break up fat cells. These cells are then sucked up into the tube and removed from the body.
Other fat reduction surgeries include:
- Abdominoplasty, or a “tummy tuck,” which involves the removal of excess fat and skin around the abdomen.
- A full body lift increases overall tissue elasticity by removing fat and skin that has begun sagging from issues like age or weight loss. Body lifts are also great for decreasing the appearance of cellulite!
- Many other surgeries are also available and can be discussed with a plastic surgeon.
In addition to surgery, there are also non-surgical alternatives for fat reduction. One of the most widely implemented is called “cool scalp ting. This essentially involves using specialized machines to freeze fat cells beneath the skin. Once frozen, the cells die and are naturally removed by the body.