The start of the winter season means it’s time to get out hydrating products to battle the drop in temperature and humidity, both of which can lead to inflammation, dullness, and dehydration of the skin. In order to combat the winter chill, many of us crank up the heat or bathe in the shower which can also lead to dry skin. In order to combat wintertime dryness, make sure you’re drinking water, getting a goodnight’s sleep, and using hydrating products to lock in moisture and keep your skin looking healthy and hydrated.
Before we introduce some examples of hydrating products that can help keep wintertime dryness at bay, it’s important to have an idea of what you’re working with. Here are some of the key players when it comes to keeping your skin smooth and hydrated:
Retinol is a form of vitamin A that functions to aid and improve aging skin by promoting cell turnover, improve skin tone, and refine wrinkles and fine lines.
Ceramides benefit dry and sensitive skin by strengthening the skin barrier through the use of lipids or fats. This barrier allows and protects your skin from environmental elements like pollution while locking in and retaining moisture.
Hyaluronic acid’s primary function is to retain water to keep your tissues well lubricated and moist. It has the ability to hold nearly 1,000 times its weight in water, which helps to plump and moisturize the skin. For those with ance, hyaluronic acid is beneficial because it is a hydrating product that uses water instead of oil and has additional anti-inflammatory properties.
B5 is an essential nutrient that aids in the skin’s barrier natural repair process.
Our Top 10 Hydrating Products to Ward off Wintertime Dryness:
- Recovery Creme: This hydrating product creme uses a combination of retinol and ceramides to reduce fine lines and wrinkles while supporting hydration and smoothing the skin’s surface.
- Renewal Creme: This lightweight creme improves oily, acne-prone skin by adding hydration and minimizing redness.
- Hydrating Cleanser: This dual-action cleanser cleans and hydrates while also working to minimize dryness and sensitivity.
- Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier: Serums are some of the most important skincare products because their high concentration of performance ingredients can deliver serious results. This corrective serum helps to boost hyaluronic acid levels that naturally occur in your skin.
- Radical Night Repair: Your skin absorbs the most product while you’re sleeping, so night creams and moisturizers can really make a difference in the skin’s hydration level. This nighttime moisturizer is formulated with 1% retinol to improve the skin’s texture, pigmentation, and to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, all while you sleep.
- Triple Lipid Restore: Low temperatures, snow, and wind can all damage the skin leading to dryness and irritation. Combat these environmental triggers with this anti-aging cream that refills cellular lipids and nourishes dry skin.
- Hydrating B5 Mask: This intensely hydrating product -weekly gel mask helps to replenish moisture levels for an added defense against wintertime dryness.
- Exfoliation Accelerator: Exfoliators slough off dead skin cells to help prevent flaky patches and clogged pores. This smoothing combination of glycolic and lactic acids remove dead skin cells and leave calm and soothed skin in its place.
- Gentle Cleanser: Gentle cleansers are ideal for the winter because they’re less like to contain harsh ingredients that lead to more dehydration of the skin. This mild cream cleanser works to remove impurities and excess oil, while also soothing and calming dry, sensitive skin.
- Eye Brightening Creme: This specially formulated creme gives the delicate under eye area a little extra TLC during the winter months. Apply twice daily after cleansings to minimize puffiness, dark circles and fine lines.
Schedule a Consultation
Before deciding on a skincare regimen, we recommend scheduling a facial or skincare service with one of our knowledgeable and experienced aestheticians. By getting a better look at your skin, they can make personalized recommendations. Request an appointment or call us at (843) 881-2130 to learn more about hydrating products.